• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.40cal Lancaster shoots a deer it didn't want to...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biologicaly, button bucks dont usualy survive thier first winter without momma anyways. They don't have momma to show them anything.

Good shooting and Like CynthiaLee already said that family is lucky to have a friend like you!

shifty said:
"...is this bullet the Lee Real bullet design or different, could you show us a picture..."
They are R.E.A.L.s...member 'oldnamvet' paid Lee Precision to make a custom mold for him and this is what he cast...then I lubed a few up and tried them out.

05241240cal200grnREAL.jpg

052512Lubing40cal200grnREALconicals.jpg

thanks I just remembered that you had already shown a pic, they say the shape of the ribs on the bullet help clean the bore .

the perc,thread has a debate going on as to how&if the wad thing works,you should join in.

I use the felt wads also rounball after you told me to a few yrs ago ,they improve the group with my little fast twist carbine greatly from 8" at 50yds to 2 1/2" at 50yds. 1-20" twist 21" barrel length ,70grns FFG felt wad maxi-ball,it works.

At 50 yards with fading light it would be hard to see buttons. I enjoy reading your posts for the actual hands on info that you provide.congrats!!!
Did you get a pass thru this time?

Did a great job hitting the mark!Made a nice Christmas gift for them also! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Long story short! Open sights and dim light. It's like a miss if you havent done it you haven't hunted much!

Back