• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 caliber barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Owl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
What is the smallest size (flat to flat straight barrel for a 45 caliber? There are dovetails to cut, etc. and there needs to be enough room. 15/16" 7/8" 13/16"?

I have several 13/16, forty five barrels. I never shoot over 50 grains under hollow based minis. While I would never use one, there was a company that made 50 caliber 13/16 barrels . 13/16 barrels work fine in 45 calibers with both round balls and mini's Many people don't realize that heavier projectiles build heavier pressures than prb . So powder charge is not the only thing to consider!

Back