• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 is just fine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the TC Seneca out today using 50grs of FFFg and RB.Got this girl between a wide strip of grass between corn fields at 37.5 yds.Knocked her straight down with a dead on shot to the brisket.
8084286837_09ca5ab402.jpg

My TC Hawken 45 cal likes 70 grains of 2F Tripple Seven with a .440 ball. since your load was much lighter than that, I'd guess I'd be good to go with my load.

My 45 TC Hawken likes 70grs as well.Both of my 45 Senecas like 50grs.This is #3 for the Senecas and that load.

I'm not the least bit surprised your shot dropped him quick. You made a good shot and that's all you need to do with a .45.

Back