• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

5 Minutes is all you need to get a deer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice freezer stock! Yesterday was like 4 degrees or less. I went out and saw nothing on public ground got out on Private Land and saw 2 about 4:30 My son got a shot second season walking out it seems like a good idea. If you hunt a larger tract.

lonehunter said:
Grats Jethro :hatsoff:
Could be the reason she went so far is , Your questionable lead source! :rotf: :rotf:
My season ended yesterday! Skunked, Zilch, Nada, Nothing!! :shake: Maybe thats good every now and then, Keeps a man humble! :v

I'm thinkin' mostly the reason she got so far was gravity! :haha: It was all downhill for her, all uphill for me.
Hope ya have better luck next year. Try hangin' out more with your boy. Maybe some of his good huntin' luck will rub off on ya. :thumbsup:

buttonbuck said:
Nice freezer stock! Yesterday was like 4 degrees or less. I went out and saw nothing on public ground got out on Private Land and saw 2 about 4:30 My son got a shot second season walking out it seems like a good idea. If you hunt a larger tract.

Yep, them single digit temps are not my favorite. At least the wind was fairly calm. Wind is what really gets me cold.

I like to sit a while until I get froze, then sneak a while until I can feel my feet again, then sit a while... Keeps the blood flowin' and gives me a change of scenery. Yesterday I snuck up to inside 25 yards on a bedded coyote.

Usually during gun seasons I try and time it so I get back to my Jeep right about quittin' time. Lotsa times I catch deer just coming out to the fields at dusk. Or they're already in the field when I come up out of the woods.

Congratulations... :thumbsup:
Good shooting. :hatsoff: Ya can't beat a fat doe for good eating.

Good job :thumbsup: Yes those plowed fields are rough to walk on. Make you tired when legs are good. Larry

Hey Jim! Nice harvest on the doe. At least you didn't have to walk uphill in the snow both ways :haha: .

Thanks for sharing & congrats to you :hatsoff: .

Dave

Capper said:
She's dead Jim.

What??? Impossible!!! :shocked2:
Just read the huntin' magazines and you'll know! Ya can't kill a deer with a sidelock, PRB and blackpowder past 50 yards! :wink:

Sometimes that's the way it goes. Then you're glad that you stuck it out as long as you could. Seems like you see the most deer the last few minutes of daylight. Good shooting, there's meat in the freezer this winter.

Back