• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 Cal. Nevada Antelope

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnjc

32 Cal
Reaction score
Had a good solo hunt a couple of days ago. Fortunate to still be able to do it at 70 yrs old. Only about a 45 yard shot with 90 gr, ff and a roundball. Flopped him. Liver tonight!

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240815_143714766.jpg
    PXL_20240815_143714766.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Ok. Yeah antelope is a lot harder with a muzzleloader but if it works its much more rewarding. You know I'll say even if you don't win it's still rewarding from a historical sense and taking on the challenge.
Yep,.... plus, I just enjoy sneakin' around in the bushes. I used to bow hunt but completely tore my shoulder. I get another muzzleloader chance for deer in Sept.

Thanks. I personally like it better than venison liver.
Venison liver and heart were traditional opening day camp dinner. Found black bear liver to be rather mild, though it wasn’t always an opening day treat. To stretch things (received odd looks from PH), I have also tried a number of African Plains Game animal livers, and though a few were close to the ‘what is this limit’, all were palatable, at least to me.

Venison liver and heart were traditional opening day camp dinner. Found black bear liver to be rather mild, though it wasn’t always an opening day treat. To stretch things (received odd looks from PH), I have also tried a number of African Plains Game animal livers, and though a few were close to the ‘what is this limit’, all were palatable, at least to me.

In 1972-73 I lived and worked with a fellow in Uganda who was a PH. Waterbuck was a favorite.

Had a buddy from Cheyenne, WY back in the 90's who ranked antelope hunting as his favorite game to hunt. He was pursuing them with BP, which I introduced him to, before he passed away before his time.
Maybe some day I'll apply for a tag and enjoy this type of hunt, also.
Glad for your success.

Congratulations on a nice lope! I am still waiting for my first chance with 20 points in the book. At 76, I hope I can get there before my time runs out.
Looks like you're from AZ. I'm a Yuma Boy myself, Yuma High Criminal, Class of '72. Poked around Green Valley too, Stay ready for that tag, mebbe shoot some javelina. Heck, I'd like to do that! Hunted Coues deer once. The hunting was great, the shooting...not so much. Dam, those things are quick! I did get my first 2 deer there though (archery muleys). Anyway...I'm thinking good thoughts for you to draw soon, Old Oak.

Had a buddy from Cheyenne, WY back in the 90's who ranked antelope hunting as his favorite game to hunt. He was pursuing them with BP, which I introduced him to, before he passed away before his time.
Maybe some day I'll apply for a tag and enjoy this type of hunt, also.
Glad for your success.
My condolences for the loss of your friend. Glad he got to get some hunting in though. Pronghorns are pretty cool critters alright. Go get after them!

Latest posts

Back