• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 Cal. Nevada Antelope

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see the results of a real antelope hunt. If you watch the shows on the TV they make you think you cannot get within 300 yards of an antelope.

Don't like cooked liver but I've tried a little piece of raw liver from the last 2 antelope just to see what the Indians and others of the 1800's tasted. It actually wasn't that bad after you got the over the texture and what it was.

Since it's in Nevada in August, I know it has to be hot. So the fact that you're wearing all black tells me you hunted from a blind to blend in with the black background. I've done that in hot weather and it is miserable.

Also, when I was 70 (11 years ago), I couldn't focus at 90 yards unless I used a peep .. same now.
Everything considered I wish I could give you a triple thumbs up. Absolutely great job. Keep it up!

Looks like you're from AZ. I'm a Yuma Boy myself, Yuma High Criminal, Class of '72.

Great job Skipper! I guess I'm a half Yuma Boy now. I've been Snowbirding there since I retired 10 years ago. My Dad left the place to me. He started 'Birding' in Yuma in the early 90's after I spent time at the MCAS Yuma training for George the First's beach party. Never seen so many Doves in my life!

Like you I loved sneaking around and Muzzleloader hunts are a great way to do it. I never tagged anywhere near the game with a ML as I've done with Archery or Modern seasons. But success with a ML has always meant more to me. I guess knowing you're only going to get "one" shot is what makes hunting with a ML special.

I'm going to try to get a ML tag for Elk on a National Guard base that's up in the Flagstaff area. Active Duty, Retired and VA Disabled (I check two of the three) get head of the line privileges for tags the allotted to the base.

I'll make a couple of trips up there to scout and see if I can pull it. With COPD (a little souvenir from oil fires during the aforementioned Beach Party. Why call it a Beach Party with no water, but lots of sand and BBQ'd Iraqis) I might have a bit of trouble seaking around at 7000 ft. of elevation! 😨

I do have a 12 yo Grandbuddy that's built pretty stout. I'd bet he would love to go sneaking around the woods with his Bad Grandpa. Even if he has to tote an oxygen tank for me!🤣

Since it's in Nevada in August, I know it has to be hot. So the fact that you're wearing all black tells me you hunted from a blind to blend in with the black background. I've done that in hot weather and it is miserable.

Also, when I was 70 (11 years ago), I couldn't focus at 90 yards unless I used a peep .. same now.
Everything considered I wish I could give you a triple thumbs up. Absolutely great job. Keep it up!
Thanks! Northern Nevada about 6500' I had a jacket on till I heard him coming. It did warm up to the mid 80s though in the afternoon. Good breeze.

Great job Skipper! I guess I'm a half Yuma Boy now. I've been Snowbirding there since I retired 10 years ago. My Dad left the place to me. He started 'Birding' in Yuma in the early 90's after I spent time at the MCAS Yuma training for George the First's beach party. Never seen so many Doves in my life!

Like you I loved sneaking around and Muzzleloader hunts are a great way to do it. I never tagged anywhere near the game with a ML as I've done with Archery or Modern seasons. But success with a ML has always meant more to me. I guess knowing you're only going to get "one" shot is what makes hunting with a ML special.

I'm going to try to get a ML tag for Elk on a National Guard base that's up in the Flagstaff area. Active Duty, Retired and VA Disabled (I check two of the three) get head of the line privileges for tags the allotted to the base.

I'll make a couple of trips up there to scout and see if I can pull it. With COPD (a little souvenir from oil fires during the aforementioned Beach Party. Why call it a Beach Party with no water, but lots of sand and BBQ'd Iraqis) I might have a bit of trouble seaking around at 7000 ft. of elevation! 😨

I do have a 12 yo Grandbuddy that's built pretty stout. I'd bet he would love to go sneaking around the woods with his Bad Grandpa. Even if he has to tote an oxygen tank for me!🤣
Thanks for doing that Mr. Pirate. Yep, wars are pretty exciting. I got caught up in a fine little one when Tanzania tried to help Obote get Uganda back from Idi Amin in '72. Glad I was young and indestructible. Yuma doves: When I was a kid I usta put my single shot shotgun across the bike handlebars and pedal thru downtown Yuma to shoot doves twice a day when the possession limit was 20 morning dove and 10 whitewing. Let me know if you want help with that elk.

Thanks for doing that Mr. Pirate. Yep, wars are pretty exciting. I got caught up in a fine little one when Tanzania tried to help Obote get Uganda back from Idi Amin in '72. Glad I was young and indestructible. Yuma doves: When I was a kid I usta put my single shot shotgun across the bike handlebars and pedal thru downtown Yuma to shoot doves twice a day when the possession limit was 20 morning dove and 10 whitewing. Let me know if you want help with that elk.
Will do and Great Mustache!

P1010003.JPG

no blinds just study travel routes to and from water...Wyoming

View attachment 342830
no blinds just study travel routes to and from water...Wyoming
Some body else is 81 like me congratulations. , and some have come from my village called Africa it seems, 78-81 Lagos , all brothers from there, Biafra war ruined the hunting , they ate everything in the bush for hundreds of miles , never shot my .375 and only had 5 cartridges, well it was not mine to be truthful , borrowed it from an old Italian .
Git a 450-400 double but never going back there again, it’s an utter dump now . Most lovely people you can meet. Got a few ml doubles and cape guns , just cannot help myself, then just now bought a pair of 28g ( .540 ) double barrels in the white not quite finished, £260 ( Holts uk auction )wife will go mad , I’ll make a double ml. Not sure whether to rifle it or not. Tubes might be too thin , but do I need to from your string smooth bores just shoot round balls just fine to 50 yards

From the above what rifle was he using to down his African game

Love to chat from across the pond, it’s big saild across with P&O one took 5 days

Happy to meet, sorry to part, but happy to meet again. Gordon 81 west of London KT10 0RQ

Oh that’s the wife of 55 years , Canaries, just been ironed , still droning on, God help
me !!!!

Attachments

• A53B699C-A58F-45D6-A841-8117046FF148.jpeg
    A53B699C-A58F-45D6-A841-8117046FF148.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • EEA61AB1-D5D5-425F-B7C6-BE0F3F65B2CF.jpeg
    EEA61AB1-D5D5-425F-B7C6-BE0F3F65B2CF.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 0
Some body else is 81 like me congratulations. , and some have come from my village called Africa it seems, 78-81 Lagos , all brothers from there, Biafra war ruined the hunting , they ate everything in the bush for hundreds of miles , never shot my .375 and only had 5 cartridges, well it was not mine to be truthful , borrowed it from an old Italian .
Git a 450-400 double but never going back there again, it’s an utter dump now . Most lovely people you can meet. Got a few ml doubles and cape guns , just cannot help myself, then just now bought a pair of 28g ( .540 ) double barrels in the white not quite finished, £260 ( Holts uk auction )wife will go mad , I’ll make a double ml. Not sure whether to rifle it or not. Tubes might be too thin , but do I need to from your string smooth bores just shoot round balls just fine to 50 yards

Love to chat from across the pond, it’s big saild across with P&O one took 5 days

Happy to meet, sorry to part, but happy to meet again. Gordon 81 west of London KT10 0RQ

Oh that’s the wife of 55 years , Canaries, just been ironed , still droning on, God help
me !!!!

Haha so the above game was shot in the USA amazing , me an old fool and I thought Africa Ha ha forgive me

me !!!!
You might want to start a new thread

Haha so the above game was shot in the USA amazing , me an old fool and I thought Africa Ha ha forgive me
Ps. You cannot beat liver bacon and onions, actually not good for you as very high in cholesterol . And mashed chicken livers on toast , the french are the masters of liver

Latest posts

Back