• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 CVA Mt. Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a .54 Big Bore Mountain Rifle I bought as a kit in '80. It shoots great with RB and not bad with Maxi-balls. It is one of my favorites! Wouldn't trade it unless I could get something realllly great. :thumbsup:

Merdean

My .54 kit barrel is marked:
Connecticut Valley Arms, Inc.
Black Powder Only .54 Cal
then the serial number of 00017XX
I had to bring it into the house to read it, now my wife wants to know what the h--- I am doing!

Merdean

you outta keep that Baby in the House all the time!!! that sure is a low serial #
mine is serialed in the 75 thou range...make me think mine was a kit....it dont say USA nor does it have proof marks....HMMMMM?
I do think its too wel done for a kit...its Perfect.

I don't know if you can beat this one. One of our club members picked a .50 up at a pawn shop out in the boonies for $50 a year or so past. It could sure use a good refurbishing, but the barrel looked good inside.

Mine is a .58. My digging has led me to believe it has a Douglas barrel, although I have no way to confirm that and I'm still trying to find out for sure (not that it really matters, I'm just curious). It has no proof marks. It's a fairly early example, the serial number is 00077xx. The inside of the lock plate is stamped Spain, but no country of origin on the barrel.

Back