• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

54 RB Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Trap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got a GPR in .54cal and there does not seem to be a RB mold anywhere in the world for sell. Anybody know where I can get one. I have a ton of .50 molds, and decided to go bigger and did not even think about not being able to find a mold.

Thanks

You can order a double cavity .530 from Lee that casts great rb without a sprue. Many mail order supply houses carry them as well. The Lee is less expensive to boot. This is what I use with complete success.

.54 cal RB molds on backorder since February 26, 2009. Seems like everywhere I check, they are on backorder since Feb 09.

Try walking into a store and seeing what's on the shelf. I was looking for a .530 RB mold a few months back. Everybody was backordered. I took a ride to Cabelas about an hour away, and they had 2 on the shelf. On the way back, I stopped at Dixon's, and he had at least 1 on the shelf, possibly 2 (I just don't remember).

Seems like everybody prefers the convenience of online shopping. Stuff on store shelves doesn't seem to sell out as quickly.

WOW! That changed quickly. I'd suggest you buy commercial swaged or cast ball till your mold comes. I did that before getting mine. I'd also keep checking as a back order this lengthy is absurd. If you haven't already ordered the mold do check around or order from Lee, direct.

Been to Cabelas in Fort Worth a couple of times, but they don't carry molds here. Pretty much, no where else around Dallas/Fort Worth. Most everybody around here do in-lines. Heck, Cabelas had one percussion in the store, a lefty, and they sold it about a month ago. In-lines, a ton of them, but thats it.

The .54 I got from ordering on-line from Cabelas.

Called Lee and .54cal molds are on backorder since February 26, 2009. All stores show backorders as well. They have no clue when the molds will be in.

Cabelas in Fort Worth a month ago had one percussion in stock, a lefty, and it left the store. A ton of in-lines in stock, but thats it. No where in Dallas/Fort Worth that I've found carry molds, as it appears to be in-line or centerfire.

I order almost everything by mail rather than trying to find stuff in stores. I just rarely go to a store for anything related to black powder. I order and get good service. There are many, many good suppliers out there ready and willing to help you.

I was in Cabelas and Bass in DFW last week and while one of them, Cabelas I think, had Hornady round balls up to 58 caliber, that was probably a fluke! :grin:

Oh, they have balls I'm sure, but I'm looking for a mold. I have over 30lbs of lead and like to pour my own. I have several .50 cal molds, but that don't help me with the .54...

Also, this started as looking for mold, but alas, I believe I pushed the wrong button and started three threads, while it should be only one. SORRY

email jeff, he'll make ya whatever ya want..not expensive...
http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/
it's in the forum's "links" page.. you'll have in a week,, :thumbsup: no spru cutter but it'll work great..and ya can get it!

Speed Trap said:
Also, this started as looking for mold, but alas, I believe I pushed the wrong button and started three threads, while it should be only one. SORRY

There ya go. I merged your 3 topics into one. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I can't help you with the mold search. Good luck.

I just left an email with a local dealer in my area. He usually has Lee molds, and If he does I'll get back with you on it. Brad

Try Two Wright Arms I think Ft Worth phone book but they are about 30 Miles North West of there. They usually have a large supply of BP and reenactor gear. I plan on trying them in a couple of weeks. .54 molds are hard to find in RB I have had a .54 now since Oct. and still haven't found a RB mold in either .530 or .535.
Good luck Fox :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back