• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54cal(.28ga) Smoothbore Virginia fills last 2011 Doe tag...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a good deer season...accomplished all my goals, christened a couple of new Flintlocks that couldn’t have performed better, and gave 6 deer to a very needy family along the way...a very satisfying month of November.

[/quote]

Roundball,
Nice deer, sounds like you had fun this past season. Hope you kept enough meat for yourself.
Wasn't a .40 deer kill one of your season goals??
If it wasn't I can understand, as I keep looking at that tiny .40 ball, it just doesn't look big enough. Hope ya have a Merry Xmas and you find lots of boxes of Hornady balls under the tree.

Rat Trapper said:
Nice deer, sounds like you had fun this past season. Hope you kept enough meat for yourself.
Gave them all away to a needy family out in the country near where I hunt.
Wasn't a .40 deer kill one of your season goals??
If it wasn't I can understand, as I keep looking at that tiny .40 ball, it just doesn't look big enough.
No, it was never a 2011 goal of mine...never considered the .40cal a viable deer caliber.
Then the whole idea of a double-ball load evolved here through various posts on the MLF as the season was unfolding and got my interest up until I realized how foolish it was to be in the woods after deer with a load I'd never even fired and really no idea where it would print at any distance to speak of...maybe next year.

Back