• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.56 Smoothbore Renegage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badpenny

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Bought a .56 Renegade in a pawnshop.It's in beautiful shape,looks unfired.Need loading information.Anyone that can help please let me know.Thanks

I just did a range report on my new one last sunday......start about 60 grains of black powder(mine ended up liking 70 grain charge best).530 round ball with a medium weight denim (like a really worn jean, or a denim shirt) I used bore butter for a lube and and cci caps this is a pic of my 60 yard group
rangereport56smoothrifle005.jpg

the V is 3"...and the four balls of the final group went into 4 inches......I love the rifle...btw I was shooting 2FF powder but 3FF wil also work well.

thanks for the information,i picked it up and almost wet myself when i saw the pricetag.$150 and out the door before someone realized what they had done.looks like it's never been fired.but it will be this weekend.

I paid exactly that for mine....plus 20 bucks ship....I have seen em on gunbroker for 300 bucks!!!

I am not impressed with those huge TC sights, but I ordered s silver blade front and buckhorn rear for it from track of the wolf.

I'l be shooting mine again this weekend...pm me and let me know how yours works out for you...

i just saw your report,i have a lot .535 balls that i will try.track of the wolf had .550 balls and so does logcabin.i will buy some but i will try it out this weekend.assuming this rain ever stops.i'd love to find this barrel in flintlock.

Badpenny.....small world ...I am a union boilermaker and my local is local 687 charleston SC...lol....my wife and I just love Folly Beach!!!!

well then you know how crappy the weather has been today,i'm headed for the range at boggyhead on saturday and probably sunday as well

enjoy!!!! I am currently working up here in the communist state of Illinois and its been raining like southern Louisiana in Hurricane season...I am hoping to shoot some more on Sunday myself.

well i had it out and fired it.at 25 yards first two were touching,the third opened it up to about an inch and a half.70 grains of goex 2f,a hornady .535 ball and the thickest patching i had.i'm really impressed with this thing.

I was very lucky - the .56SB Renegade I bought last Summer for $50 was just hanging on a gunsmith's wall, gathering dust for the last 10 years or so because there's zero local demand for a SB hereabouts nowadays.

Timing IS everything ! :bow:

craftwelder,i was back at the range yesterday.tried 80 grains of swiss 2f and speer 535 balls.found some in atlanta the other day.3 balls touching at 35 yards.then i got a little enthusiastic and pulled one to the right.opened it up to 4 inchs.of course its raining again.maybe be back out there tomorrow if its not too cold.

I am hoping to shoot tomorrow too....although its not rain here...we have 3" of sno here and colder than a bankers heart. Sounds like you have a real shooter!!! I am going to have to try some of those 535 rb's and see what happens.

Back