• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

6 weeks 'til squirrel season!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always enjoyed squirrel hunting. Here in Missouri it opens at the end of May. I usually wait until fall because of the leaves and mosquitoes.

My main gun is a .32 Blue Ridge Rifle, percussion.
Waiting until the end of September.

Outdoorman

Most definitely. My freshly built .40 TN is eager to get out into the woods and bust some tree rats. :thumbsup:

lucky fellers ,my local shoot wont let me on till November,2 locals have it stitched up till then .cant wait ,theres squizzers,rabbits and roe deer and crows gazillions of crows .just counting down the days

I plan on doing more primitive small game hunting this year. Just something very satisfying about it.

We don't have a season. I shoot them year round. I have a chiweenie dog that loves killing them things. She needs a home where the guy shoots more of them for her.

The ticks, chiggers & skeeters around here take the fun out of the early part of the season.

Our season has been open for some time Skychief ,but like you the bugs keep me out of the woods until early fall . We have had massive amounts of rain and I haven't seen many squirrels moving here .I hope that is not an indication of things to come .Tom

X3 on the bugs in the woods. Our season is open, but the blood suckers are thick in the woods with all the rain we have had in the last month. Maybe I'll pop one off the deck that tries to raid the bird feeder.

Our season down here doesn't open till Oct 1st. but it goes till Feb. 28th. if I could hunt down my street I could limit out, Probably get a couple or 3 in the oak tree across the street.

sooner said:
Our season has been open for some time Skychief ,but like you the bugs keep me out of the woods until early fall . We have had massive amounts of rain and I haven't seen many squirrels moving here .I hope that is not an indication of things to come .Tom

Spray your clothes down with prymitherin the night before, let it dry then you will be tick and mosquito resistant, maybe proof, for up to two weeks. Don't spray it on your skin because it can be absorbed. The thermo-cell insect repealer's work really well as do the battery powered ones. Don't let the bugs spoil a great hunt. Keep yer powder dry........Robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Minnesota our small game season opens in mid September along with archery deer. As a result, my small game hunting usually doesn't start until late December depending on if and when I'm able to meet up on "good" terms with a mature whitetail buck.

Mike

Back