• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English Squirrel Stalking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have the same history of eating squirrel that you do in the States. We tend to shoot them for pest control and forrestry management. There have been recent moves to try and popularise squirrel meet but it's still more of a recent 'trendy london restaurant' sort of thing.

I normally give them to a friend who feeds them to his ferrets. Those ones I've cut the tails off and given to someone for fly-tying.

When I'm minded I will slow cook squirrel in chicken stock and pick apart for sandwich meat.
I highly suggest you try marinating some squirrels in BBQ sauce, water and brown sugar over night in the fridge. Then place them into a smoker if you have one. They are absolutely excellent tasting like that. Well worth the effort.

The ole gal told me a couple days ago that it’s time to smoke about 15-20 squirrels next week. I told her as soon as spring squirrel season closes.😁

I've looked very hard but sadly, I'm unable to find any reference to squirrel in Deuteronomy. I'm left to conclude that they are therefore not kosher. :(

Back