• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62 Flintlock makes meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDee Flohr

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've shot my share of deer with a flinter but until this morning, none with a smoothie!
What a great way to end the weekend. After passing a small doe early at first light, this guy came out of the standing corn about 2 hours later.
I didn't step it off but the shot was around 75 or so yards. I've been shooting quite a bit and felt confident with the shot.
After the .595 ball hit, he staggered about 30 yards and tipped over. I shoot 60 grains of FFF and the ball passed completely through the chest.

Nov15buck-vert.jpg

15Nov2009-Copy.jpg

Congratulations -Nice shot-with a smooth Bore -Man you are raising the bar! Nice looking smoothbore- could you add some detail about this flinter? 60 gr. and a pass through, more lead means dead! Here in Wisconsin it's 100 % blaze orange hat and at least half of the Jacket blaze also. Great outfit!

Good shooting....Dan

We must wear the orange here also. I take it off after the hunt for photos.
The gun is a Sitting fox fowler kit.

Congrats! .595"? How come not larger? I have know opinion just curious.

Way to go. :thumbsup: You gone and got me to wanting a smoothbore again. I had talked myself out of one and decided to go with my 40cals instead. I think a smoothie would be a hoot to hunt squirrels with.

Well done 75 yards with a smoothbore :thumbsup:

I passed on a shot at just under that range on a four point. I had not worked my load enough to try it.

But wow nicely done! :bow:

Back