• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

75 cal. side hammer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents, wasn`t sure which forum to post in but after I added the contruction pics figured this is where it might go. :thumbsup:

The extention is a piece of 5/8 rod, drilled a hole in the end stuck the bit in it and welded it in. Had to turn the other end to 1/2 to fit the chuck.

Took her out for a shoot, not a great group but cold and windy and shot off hand. There`s eight holes at 20 yards. 586 grain ball over 60 grains of FF.
Not bad on the sites, was good it shot low so i can file the front site.

shootingbirch3.jpg

shootingbirch5.jpg

shootingbirch8.jpg

75targetbirch.jpg
:thumbsup:

mckutzy said:
tell us about your drill extension, is that a homemade? and how is the finnish in the bore with it?

Whoops, surprisingly pretty smooth, ya can feel a little roughness when loading but very little for just a drill bit hole. Ball loads real nice with a blue jean patch with crisco. Recoil was very mild and will try 70 grains next time.
I`ll shoot from a rest next time to see how it groups.

Settle on your powder charge that you want to shoot before start filing on you sights. You can slick that bore a little by making yourself a flapper wheel out of a piece of 3/8" rod by slotting the end and wrapping a piece of grit cloth up to your bore size and spining it with a hand drill with some oil. It shouldn't alter your ID more than a thousandth or two and it is a smoothbore anyhow.
You sir are a "Primitive Engineer". :thumbsup:

Yepper i`ve done that on some of them. :thumbsup:
I didn`t get a chance to try those shotgun slugs yet, i want to shoot from a rest when i do so we can see how they group. I didn`t forget bro, thanks for the kind words. :)

Should add, always check with a expert gunsmith before building or firing anything you make to be sure its safe. :thumbsup:

I can see it already .. a Pitchy three barrel special! :surrender: :grin:

Davy

I know. Saying something like that is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. I am anxiously awaiting your next creation, Doktor Gonne.

Jac S. Muell

:v Pitchy Productions is running overtime again. You stand as an amazingly active guy, wish I had your energy Lenn. I thought the next was going to be a cannon ( with a slightly larger bore). I'll put a bug in your ear--- think 1.00" hand gonne---and how much noise and smoke that sucker will make---wink, wink.BTW I like the idea of the lock, it took a few minutes of staring at the pix to make sense to my addled mind. :thumbsup: "Doc"

Thanks buddy, i`m thinking about getting the steel for a canon tomorrow but will have to see how much it all costs. In the mean time figured i might as well make something from what i have laying around. :grin:

Put that piece of 8 inch sewer pipe down ... and step away quickly Pitchy! :hmm: :shocked2:

Davy

Texas really ages a man. Or maybe he is prevairicating. Or is is an out and out lie?

I saw it yesterday but couldn't come up with a smart A**ed comment at the time.

Hey Davy, does being in Texas really age you that much?

:hmm:

Jac S. Muell

Back