• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.75 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

45 Cal.
Reaction score
ok gang is a .75 cal a 11 or 12 ga.? looking at getteing some wads for when my gun gets here.

rawhide,
I saw your post on the smoothbore forum, and assume you're asking about 75 cal because you are buying an Indian made musket in that caliber. You should definitely wait until you have it in hand and can measure it. If from Middlesex it will state the actual bore size in the "paperwork" that comes with it. I can tell you from experience that the actual bore size does not always exactly match the advertised size. It could be enough to make a difference on the ga. wad you will need.

yep a potzdam musket. ok I'll wait till I get it in then mic the bore.

If it s .75, it is considered a 12ga.

lol I just had to do it. I really do not know.

If you can find a 3/4" arch punch you can punch your own cards out of empty cereal boxes. I use them in my Bess, .749 bore. Used them in a 12ga New Englander too even tho they were a bit tight they are thin enough that they worked. A stack of 4 over the powder and one over the shot. Can't beat the price.

got the gun ad miced it it's .749 at the muzzle and the same about an inch down the bore.

LOVE FLINTER MUSKETS Can you post a couple pics? specialy if its belchin fire

Back