• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Couple More Ready for the Smokepole...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:shocked2: I've told my buddies we'll have to put a draw system in place for this stand!

SplitBrows106.jpg

Bumpy.jpg

Oh yeah...nice one!
:thumbsup:
I'd want him bad enough I wouldn't go back to that area to check that camera again...sooner or later I'd do something wrong, he'd make me, and leave the area or go nocturnal, etc

Look at the antlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! two different deer!!!!!!!!!!!!
The G-1 and G5 are totally different.I'd move the camera to see where they are traveling to and from and scout a choke point and set my ground blind now so they get use to it being part of the woods.
and the times indicate they are not traveling at night or early in the AM

Make that you lucky dog TWICE!! One buck is nice, but TWO mighty fine ones at the same cam? To bad ya live in Minn. Thats a little to far to get in on that drawing. :(

The stand is already set and this is a choke point. It's a narrow spot of woods between two hill tops. These are only two of about 10 bucks this caliber we have pictures of.

We just leased this 800+ acres this year (8 guys) and it's surrounded on three sides by farms in QDM. This particular property has been under a program for 15 years. It has everything from ponds on the tops to a trout stream in the bottoms in the valley.

Lots of absolutely huge does as well and it's a multi-tag area. I've hunted for over 40 years and have never seen a property like this one. Can't wait for bow opener and then on to the rut with the Hawken 54. It's full of turkeys and squirrels the size of ground hogs! One of our pictures had five coyotes in it, so some winter sport is in play. Yee-haw.

A perfect set-up...you can take the one at 6:23 and I can sleep in and take the other one at 9:08... :thumbsup:

Beautiful bucks! Hope you can take time to chase them.
...all bets are off once they get the scent...
Hope one makes a mistake for you!
I'm thinking either the first week of the season or the week of the rut.
Happy hunting :thumbsup:

Looks like you could use more rain too!

Now you have to decide,,if the smaller one shows up,,,shoot----dont shoot.Is the big guy coming,or a lesser buck comes along shoot ----dont shoot-- that is the bad thing I found out with Game Cameras shoot ===dont shoot that is the question!!!!

Back