• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

An introduction to Flintlock guns, advice needed.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear friends, I require a little advice on a gun I have seen today which is for sale. My intention - eventually - is to obtain a flintlock musket or rifle to accompany my percussion guns on the rack. The question is, would this pistol be a good introduction to flintlock shooting and maintainance? The price is 320 Euros (about 350 dollars). Here are the details:
'

Brand: Pedersoli

Model: Kentucky

Item Condition: Pre-owned

Caliber: 44

TTB nothing to complain about or report, TBE . Heavy and thick barrel. Soft trigger, 2 notches. Hexagonal barrel. Firm springs. Perfect working condition, almost new must have had no or very little use. The flint left little trace on the frizzen. No damage to the stock. Finely rifled barrel, dusty but because it was sitting on a cabinet. To be cleaned. Beautiful walnut stock. Italian made, hallmark of Gardonne AC (1977). Not very visible. Good and solid old manufacture from a company that has proven itself (especially at the time).

Attachments

• 600h600f_00001_poudre-noire-pistolet-percussion-cal-44-Kentucky-canon-long-import-Italie-tres-...jpg
    600h600f_00001_poudre-noire-pistolet-percussion-cal-44-Kentucky-canon-long-import-Italie-tres-...jpg
    31.4 KB
  • 600h600f_00002_poudre-noire-pistolet-percussion-cal-44-Kentucky-canon-long-import-Italie-tres-...jpg
    600h600f_00002_poudre-noire-pistolet-percussion-cal-44-Kentucky-canon-long-import-Italie-tres-...jpg
    30.4 KB
  • 600h600f_00008_poudre-noire-pistolet-percussion-cal-44-Kentucky-canon-long-import-Italie-tres-...jpg
    600h600f_00008_poudre-noire-pistolet-percussion-cal-44-Kentucky-canon-long-import-Italie-tres-...jpg
    28.9 KB
Back