• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A day in the squirrel woods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Egler

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Went squirrel hunting yesterday for the first time this year (I was sick when I planned to go last week). Saw 14 hawks riding the breezes at the same time, a sandhill crane, a snapping turtle the size of a hubcap, a rainbow sundog, two deer, lots of fox tracks. Leaves changing red and yellow with the sun shining through. Lots of squirrel nests. No squirrels.

It was such a great day to be out in the woods, I didn't even care that I didn't get any squirrels. :grin:

It was such a great day to be out in the woods, I didn't even care that I didn't get any squirrels. :grin: [/quote]

just getting out in the woods is a good thing. :thumbsup:

Same thing kind of happened to me here early this month. Had a cow tag and was more then content being mixed up in bulls every morning. Getting close and not firing a shot is a greater feeling the after the shot I think. Heck the hard part of hunting is only after game is down. There's no such thing as a bad day while hunting.

"If you can't hit what you're shooting at, might as well pick up knitting"

Latest posts

Back