• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A fine pair of english Silver-mounted flintlock by William Wilson,London 1782

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye1755

54 Cal.
Reaction score
A fine pair of english Silver-mounted flintlock holster pistols of presentation quality by William Wilson Minories, London Silver Hallmarks for1782.
With blued swamped barrels of ”˜Spanish’ form, signed on a scroll over the breech and stamped with maker''s mark RW and London view and proof marks; engraved with trophies-of-arms, scrolls of foliage, a band of beadwork and chiselled with shaped recesses each with a gold ground, gold-lined vents and engraved breech tangs formed with a sighting groove. The rounded locks fitted with sliding safety-catch operating inside the lock beneath the pans, chiselled with trophies and signed on a banner beneath the safety-catch, gold-lined semi-rainproof pans, chiselled with trophies-of-arms on the cocks and cornucopia on the steels. The highly figured walnut full stocks carved with shell ornament about the breech tangs, profusely inlaid over their full length with silver scrolls, the fore-ends with slender panels filled with a wavy pattern of silver wire enriched with minute pellets, the butts inlaid with silver cornucopia, minute flowers and a posy of flowers at the base. The full silver mounts cast and chased in low relief bearing London silver hallmarks for 1782 by Moses Brent, comprising side-plates formed as a frieze of classical trophies incorporating fasces and armour, spurred pommels decorated with panoplies-of-arms centring on a field gun on each face, trigger-guards chased with further designs of trophies on the bows and the finials, vacant silver escutcheons en suite, a pair of silver ramrod-pipes and retaining silver-tipped ramrods.

William Wilson was made free of the Gunmaker’s Company in 1754 and took livery in 1778. He became partner with his father, Richard , in 1756 and continued to use his father’s mark well after his father’s death in 1766.
681_8_Z.jpg

681_7_Z.jpg

681_6_Z.jpg

681_5_Z.jpg

681_4_Z.jpg

681_3_Z.jpg

681_2_Z.jpg

681_1_Z.jpg

681_Z.jpg

Price:£50,000 to £100,000

:hatsoff:

I just wet my pants! :shocked2: LOL!!!!

We see so many of the cheap Wilsons over here its hard to think of them as being fine craftsmen. Very nice.

Thanks!

Wow! Now that's my kinda gun! I love ornate beauties like that. Amazing wire work too. Thanks for posting them!

I guess from all these pictures he posted, Undertaker must be planning on buying those. That Euro/Dollar ratio must have changed a lot since the last time I looked at it.
:rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup:

Back