• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

a good day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Lewis

Reaction score
IMG00267-20111210-1348.jpg

it was a good day pheasant hunting saturday morning. the morning broke clear and sunny with a temp of 5 degrees F. since it was so cold i decided to leave the william moore SxS at home and go flintlocking instead. about 30 minutes into the hunt this nice big fat rooster flushed at the end of a strip of set aside corn. passed in front of me from the right to left at i guess about 30yrds. up came the Type C and down came the rooster. we flushed 3 more birds later that day but i was not in posisiton to offer a shot. nonetheless, a great day in the field.

IMG00268-20111210-1348.jpg

Them sure is pretty birds. We used to have a lot of them around here years ago but haven't seen hardly any for a lot of years now. Great photo's. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing.

Vern

Looks like fun!! I would like to try my hand at that soon, but, alas, all the pheasant are gone.

That sure brings back memories! I hunted Iowa pheasant for several years, the, life kinda got in the way. :redface:

Thanks for sharing and bringing back very fond memories!

Skychief.

Thank you everybody for your kind remarks! that's the 9th or 10th bird that's been take with that gun. in three years time, so far my hit to miss ratio isn't bad, about 75% hit i think. i also shot my first pheasant with this same gun and am proud to say that i've never shot one with a modern gun and never will.

Back