• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A good Possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billholmes

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Morning all. I am wondering who out there makes some decent possibles bags. Any suggestions on who to contact? or, if you make them yourself, drop me a line with some pics. Thanks.

look at recent posts in the "craftsman"section going back 60-90 days. you will see the work of several forum members there and can "PT" them if you like. I wont name them here, but they know who they are!
costs are all over the board, and its all in what you want for a bag!

you can pt me and I can give you some clues

there are many skilled craftsmen here that make pouches like wild eagle ,swamp rat- beverman and im sure there are more i just remember now ( too old) check the classified section there i are a few listed there, you have found the right forum for about anything to do with muzzel loading -tb :v

I'm also looking for a shooting "possibles" bag and as usual would like to support the craftsmen on this site if at all possible. Nothing elaborate, just well made and functional for deer hunting.

If anyone is interested please contact me.

Mike

Guy's, why not just try making one? There are several nice books out there that do a good job of walking you through it. It's not so hard as you might think. It's also less expensive!

Adam

I've made all of mine, just from looking at pictures. They are not that hard to do, just a little time. I know the time thing is hard for some of ya'll, but I'm retired and have plenty of it, Sometimes too much I think. First figure out what you want it to look like. Then make a cardboard pattern then transfer it to your leather and cut it out. Then the easy part, (ha ha) Just stich it together. I've made 5 so far and they ain't pretty, but they hold what I need them to hold.

Hello all, I have a coouple of bags in various finished stages, or I can make one for you to four specs!!! I have some really nice veg tan pig skin I got a few weeks ago, need a project!!!

The Mad MIck!!!

TRY MAKING YOUR OWN ITS NOT THAT HARD...AND ITS REWARDING BEING ABLE TO SAY YOU MADE IT

Claude said:
MikeC said:
I'm also looking for a shooting "possibles" bag...

You do have a sense of humor. :haha:

Claude, I thought you of all people would know what a shooting "possibles" bag is. It is a bag that goes with the 1950-60's "hawk" which supplanted the tomahawk,the plain axe,or the hatchet.
I gave some to TG and "Chicken" Mike but I'm sure I still have some pearls left for distribution to folks like you.
Tom Patton
The Happy Heretic :bow: :thumbsup: :rotf:

billholmes said:
Morning all. I am wondering who out there makes some decent possibles bags. Any suggestions on who to contact? or, if you make them yourself, drop me a line with some pics. Thanks.
Hi Bill, Like Brett suggested, look through the past 60-90 days of this forum and you will see alot of fine craftsman on it. Also take a look at the forums CLASSIFIED ADS, as there are usally some bags on it.

Forum member Swamp Rat makes beautiful bags and, in my opinion, sells them too cheap. You should contact him before he wises up.

billholmes said:

It's possible to get a good shooting bag/shot bag/hunting pouch to carry all the fixins to shoot, clean and maintain a rifle or gun, and it's possible to get a good haversack or knapsack style bag to carry your other essentials for eatin and maintain yerself in relative comfort. But it's not possible to get one bag that does it all well. :wink: You don't want to grab a bar of chocolate when you're looking for a roll of patching, and you don't want yer jerky soaking up your patch lube - 'special wise not them castor oil blends.

PT Swamp Rat or visit[url] http://calicojacks.freehomepage.com/catalog.html[/url] (but I see John's sold out and only accepting orders at the moment).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back