• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A good revolver smith

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimboAfg

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I understand that the best way to get the most accuracy out of a cap-n-ball revolver is to get it worked on by a good revolver smith. Any recommendations??

Just my opinion, but why don't you try to shoot it first?? My Walker is "out-of-the-box", and shoots better than I can most days, and I win a lot of matches with it :) . Even clanged a 135 yard gong 3 out of 5 shots one time!

Most of the work folks do is to bore-out the cylinder some to make the balls engage the rifling more. The bored-out chambers use .457 balls, with just a slight ring of lead around each as you drive 'em home. That leaves them big enough to fully engage the rifling.

I've never had to send one of my Uberti's out for work!

Dave

like Dave said, my Uberti's work as well. the uberti walker is built like an engine block and will probably outlive all others.
the 1860 army is sturdy, but I have had to replace the hands before due to the wear and tear of regular use.
and all the gunsmithing i do myself.

Lane

Back