• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A great muzzleloader season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Well am out of the woods for a moment and thought I would post pics from our season.
I am also posting pics on the way to process and bone and elk out because I have been asked by quite a few folks how to do so.
If I can I will jump on line tomorow before heading back into the woods to help my wife fill her bow tag,(will be calling for her).

DSCF4216.jpg

DSCF4220.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

DSCF4224.jpg

DSCF4226.jpg

DSCF4231.jpg

DSCF4232.jpg

DSCF4233.jpg

DSCF4234.jpg

And my buddies elk.

DSCF4236.jpg

nice! and congrats. heart shot to boot!
good job and thanks for sharing. :hatsoff:

Great pics from great harvests!

A big Waidmanns Heil from Germany! :thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Nice hunt and pictures. Didn't see your horse and mule :grin: Dilly

Nathan:

Awesome stuff as always. It was truely a great hunt. Thanks for all your effort with setting up a great camp etc..

Tom

Congrats on a great season!

A good pictorial on handling meat in the backcountry too. :thumbsup:

My freezer is bare. Still may arrow a deer or pick up a cow elk in first combined.

Awesome- Great pictures -can't wait to hear the hunting story!Congratulations on your muzzle loading Elk Hunt! Good luck with the Wife.

Atta Boy!!! :thumbsup: and Congrats!!! :hatsoff: ya dun good!! good luck to the wife! and you too! :haha: :wink:

GMB, very nice! :grin: That there my friend is some gooood eatin!

That's a great sequence on boning out an elk also. :v

I saw a guy once do the same as you but he didn't even open up the body cavity. Just cut in from the top to get the tender loins. I was impressed.

Thanks GMB. I really enjoy seeing your posts. They almost always make me jealous. Looks like you live in God's country. Keep'em comin! :thumbsup:

Nice Cow, and great pics GMB :thumbsup:
The scenery looks a lot like the country I hunt in.

Boar-dilly said:
Nice hunt and pictures. Didn't see your horse and mule :grin: Dilly

I put my last mule down two years ago and have been riding the fence on getting a new on before I move the famley to Montucky, I had all day so I pack it all back off the Mtn and to my truck in three trips, I sure was whooped when I got back to camp.
Thats 2,5000 vertical to 12,500 ft above sea level four times( the hunt plus three pack outs.
:barf:

Back