• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A hearty "Thank You"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebit

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd like to raise my glass of amber liquid to any and all who give advice, share knowledge, and offer encouragement. Today, after weeks of studying old posts, texts and phone calls with a fellow member, I was able to take my flintlock GPR, and get off 15 trouble free shots. No hangfires, no pan flashes, no bad sparks. Not sure how many I would have gotten, as I ran out of patches. I was only looking for proof of concept. Next trip will be for working up an accurate hunting load. Special thanks to @TDM for the hand turned river cane powder measurer, to @Redmoon for the hand forged knapping hammer, to @Beaverman2 for the handmade ball pouch, to @simonbeans for the handmade turn screw. And a huge thanks to my good buddy Gum Slough Muzzleloader. He pushed me to not give up on the gun or the process. Through calls and texts got me to where I have a sparker, not a flint eater. And to any and all who have posted tips to get the Lymans GPR Flinter to be a consistent shooter. Thanks, I'm one happy camper. I won't huck this ol gal into the creek now. And with due diligence, be hunting with her this coming deer season.

Attachments

• IMG_20240906_145449909.jpg
    IMG_20240906_145449909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Congratulations, my Brother from another Mother. I knew you would do it.
I would of hated to hear that your GPR took a quick swim to the bottom of the Creek.
You have a nice set up. Nice to see you picked up some cool looking items from fellow members. Lot of talent here. Alot valuable information and knowledge here also.
I'm knew to flintlocks but I picked up a lot information here, along with trial and error we were able to use these great flintlocks shooting. I'm glad to be part of it. Can't wait see results of your next shoot.

Keep it going brother.
Make sure ya prime your pan and pick your flint!

Lots of cumulative years of experience on this site. Most generally if youre searching for answers or guidance you'll find it here.
You got that right buddy. I read so many old threads I went cross-eyed. I've never fired a flintlock or been around them in person while being fired. Volumes of knowledge on here. A lot of posts with guys having the same issues as me.

Congratulations, my Brother from another Mother. I knew you would do it.
I would of hated to hear that your GPR took a quick swim to the bottom of the Creek.
You have a nice set up. Nice to see you picked up some cool looking items from fellow members. Lot of talent here. Alot valuable information and knowledge here also.
I'm knew to flintlocks but I picked up a lot information here, along with trial and error we were able to use these great flintlocks shooting. I'm glad to be part of it. Can't wait see results of your next shoot.

Keep it going brother.
Make sure ya prime your pan and pick your flint!
You were the big driving factor Amigo. From all the pictures and texts from the first day at the range, to the phone calls talking me out of taking my 41 to her(🤣). Cant thank you enough.

You were the big driving factor Amigo. From all the pictures and texts from the first day at the range, to the phone calls talking me out of taking my 41 to her(🤣). Cant thank you enough.
Tom, you are more than welcome. I feel fortunate to have been able to help you. That's what Feral Brothers are for.

I didn't want to see your take her out with your .41

…just be aware that not all free advice is good advice.
I got lucky then. All the tips I used got the old girl shooting consistent. I'll work on an accurate hunting load next trip out after I cut more patches and paint my front sight.

Back