• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A hunter's dream!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Establishing ML hunting moves forward. I started building up regional ML hunting teams with interested skilled hunters as team leaders who should take care for the newbies. Meanwhile I have 9 ML hunting teams all over Germany, most of them in Bavaria. The latest team is in Brandenburg, east part of Germany. There a guy gave me a phonecall and said he is interested, because he is already a bow and crossbow hunter and uses bp cartridges. He is leaser of a 3000 acres hunting area, a former airbase of the soviet airforce. The area has returned to be dschungle meanwhile. there are lots of roedeer, red stag, fallow, wild goat 8Muffel) and wild boar. And all are day active excpet the boars. So a real ML hunting paradise. The guy hunts there with his partner and 4 other hunter, all interested and hooked in ML hunting. And he told me there will be more hunters around who want to do that.In march I'm invited there to show all the ML hunting stuff and to hunt wild boars. So the wild east is alive- in Brandenburg/Germany!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed good news to hear. Sounds like you have a great variety of game. I do have a question. To the best of my knowledge archery is not allowed for hunting in Germany. Has that been changed?

Hi bigbore,

you are right! It hasn't changed, but the guy does it in Poland and Czech Republic.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I never realized bowhunting was legal in Poland. That country is the origin of most of my family. I always wondered what it would be like to take a trip to the area where my family came from.

The eastern countries of Europe like Poland or CZ-Republic have much more liberal hunting laws and gun laws as Germany. Most german bowhunters travel to Hungary for bow hunting. In Germany there is a bowhunting ass. too, but it is very difficult for them to make bowhunting legal, no chance because of the "old fashioned" hunting association. I recognized this when i started establishing ML hunting. But in this case it is not forbidden, so much more easier for me and even when it is a ML, it is still a firearm.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Interesting. So this new place from what you tell me has roe deer, red deer, wild boar as well as what may be mouflon. Do you have any aurhahn fluttering about?

No Auerhahn, they only live in the mountain areas of the Alpes. Perhaps there is Birkhahn.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Thank you for the clarification. I have always been intrigued by those unique birds. Sort of the European version of the wild turkey in some ways.

Back