• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little push needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onausable

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm considering purchase of a used Dixie Tennessee Mountain rifle in 50 cal. For whatever reason I can't seem to make up my mind. Maybe because I already have the same gun in percussion. I was looking for a squirrel rifle when I ran across it. I don't own a flinter at the moment but have had several in the past. I shoot left-handed and this is a left hand model. There aren't many options available in production guns for us southpaws as you all know.

Just being a south paw rifle sounds like a good enough reason to push you over the edge.

Go For It! :thumbsup:

I had one in .32 cal percussion and loved it, it was a real tack driver. The Left hand models are all they've got left and I'd bet they don't have many so if ya' want one I'd jump on it fast, they're nice shooting guns with that "Poorboy" style that I really love. :thumbsup:

Man, don't look at me to talk you out of it. I realized yesterday that I have 1 45cal rifle and 5 50cal rifles plus two new in the box 12 gauge shotgun barrels - all muzzleloaders. That doesn't count the handguns and other mess.

Darn it, I need to stay away from people selling this stuff! :haha:

onausable said:
"...Maybe because I already have the same gun in percussion..."
Every muzzleloader I own is the same, both percussion and Flintlock...all TC Hawkens...doesn't matter which one I pick up and bring to my shoulder, they're all the same, everything is in the same place, many parts are interchangeable, etc...go for it !!!!!!!!!

:hmm: Buy the lefty flinter, sell your percussion Tennessee rifle, and buy a lefty 32 Dixie TMR before they are gone.

I called DGW and they told me the the Dixie Tennessee Squirrel rifle in 32 cal. was never offered in a left hand version. Was I misinformed?

I saw it last weekend at Friendship in their mini catalog. I think it was in kit form, but won't swear to that.

Back