• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little something for the Matchlock shooters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowpoke

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Don't get to excited :rotf: I didn't fall down and bonk my head causing me to want one. It's just a little clip I pulled off a larger video that I thought you'd like to see. Just click on the blue underlined thingy.

Thingy

Disclaimer
The above comments were made in comic jest and were not meant to convey any correlation between matchlock shooters and persons with head injuries

:shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface: :shake: :redface:
OY Vay!
CP

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly happened here? I see the matchlock fly out of his hand, but i'm unsure of what went wrong. Sorry, i'm not very familiar with matchlocks :redface: :haha:

:hmm: To my untrained eye that looked like "The Mother of All Hangfires" :rotf: :rotf:

I think that guys "Follow Through" was a little Rusty.THat was Hilarious! :rotf:
I'll betcha he felt stupid though....

soggy said:
:hmm: To my untrained eye that looked like "The Mother of All Hangfires" :rotf: :rotf:

bahahaha :rotf: That's Gold !!

I think the clip came off America's Funniest Home Videos of something. The gun going off was accidental, what I thought was funny was that white ruffly thing he had around his neck getting knock catewampus (SP)

He must have had that way overcharged as a blank load or worse... with a heavy charge with ball as that was recoil (and a slipery breastplate) that caused him to lose it...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with bad range days... :redface:

Looked like a perfect example of "loose screw behind the wheel", though we may have to change it to "matchy"...also he just made dip-stick!! :grin: :haha: :haha:

I looked at it three more times. He pulled the trigger twice and then took his hand off the wrist of the gonne and was bringing it down when it fired. I looks like he was startled so badly that he threw the gonne away. great clip though. Who was the brave peson with the camera? :youcrazy:
God bless.
volatpluvia

:hmm: I know that wasn't exactly a set of cross-sticks that he was using..............but you don't suspose that he was shooting a target to enter into the "Members Shooting Contest" for March/April? :rotf:
Soggy

OK, now I feel a little better about "just breaking my ramrod" :rotf:

Seriously ... I just hope the wasn't part of some demo he was doing for people ... hate to have that as the image of Traditional Shooting in people's minds.

Back