• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A ML buck from western GE!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

establishing of ML hunting in GE moves forward. Here is a pic of fellow german hunting college from the western part of GE, state of Rheinland-Pfalz, who got his first ML roebuck this morning. He used a Traditions Shenandoah rifle, cal. 45 and a REAL bullet. Buck died in his tracks immedietly. Shotplacement was above shoulderblades. Charge was 90 grs of Swiss No. 2.

Here it is:
[url] http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/Kirrmeister/10alledrei.jpg[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm. 90 grains of Swiss #2 I guess that he wanted to be really sure that he got full penetration huh? Well done and good luck with spreading the merits of our sport throughout Germany.

Your deer are very small compaired to our mule deer. That buck looks great! :thumbsup:
Ron

congrats on that nice deer :hatsoff: hope ya made yer good shot on that deer then my duel shot :blah: :v .............bob

Dirk : So the season opens in summer there in Ge? Do the regs require hunters to wear a blaze orange cap/vest as many states in the USA do? Congrats to the hunter, that will be some tasty, tender eating. Blizzard

Blizzard of '93 said:
Dirk : So the season opens in summer there in Ge? Do the regs require hunters to wear a blaze orange cap/vest as many states in the USA do? Congrats to the hunter, that will be some tasty, tender eating. Blizzard

Hi Blizzard,

in GE it is abit different with the hunting seasons. It goes step by step. For example roe season:
bucks from 1st of may to 15th of oct.
female yearlings from 1st of may to 15th of jan.
Does and fawns (Kitz) from 1st of sept to 15th of jan. Fawns are normally born in may. But these are only the seasons in the state of Bavaria. Other states have other regulations.

The wearing of a orange west or hat band is only obligatory at drive hunts. the single hunter don't need it, because in the german forests there are not so much hunters on their way during the season. We have the so called hunting ground system and there are only one or two leasers of the hunting ground who go hunting there.

Regards

Dirk

Thanx to Kirrmeister for posting my first ML-hunt!!!
I´m glad to be now part of this nice community.
Formerly muzzleloading was a hobby, now it´s passion!
Greetings from Germany
Detlev

Baikal said:

Thanx to Kirrmeister for posting my first ML-hunt!!!
I´m glad to be now part of this nice community.
Formerly muzzleloading was a hobby, now it´s passion!
Greetings from Germany
Detlev

Hi Detlev,

nice to read you. any further success, especially at hogs?

Regards

Dirk

Back