• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A New Craftsman In the Making

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some day, in the future, Gage will be teaching a kid how to make a knife, and he will feel you looking over his shoulder as he does. You did good.

Thanks for taking the time to show a young man a skill and a craft that he can use the rest of his life. If we had more folks like you, the world would be a better place. Great job!

Dang! what do you feed this fellow??!! i know i'm old, but i can remember when that size would make you at least marginally competitive in the NFL if you had good speed and good moves, and now we see it in a 13 year old?

wow.

and, additionally, wow- if that's his first attempt, keep him at it- that work is a zillion times better than what i've seen by some of the supposed 'experts' in my neck of the woods. tell him to keep up the good work...

and as regards the comment about something permanent that will outlast the maker - wow again... that level of awareness of his place in the world, that level of connection to what was, what is, and what will be ... that's very nearly spiritual (yea, i know, we're not supposed to discuss religion here, but still...)

i've been around the world, and i can probably count the inanimate objects which argueably had a 'soul' on one hand.

for what it's worth, i think there's a better than fair chance that this guy is about to hit that level of work.

what measure of man, that he leaves the world a better place for his having been here...

Sounds like skill with the hand isn't all he learned. Tell him congratulations that's a fine looking piece. And well done to you sir...

Latest posts

Back