• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A newcomer from Poland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kropek

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All,

and let me make a little introduction of myself.

I recently acquired a Pietta reproduction of Colt Navy in .36 calibre and joined a small and since 2004 steadily growing BP community here in Poland. In the year 2004 we were "liberated" and finally allowed to own legally and without permission replicas and originals made before 1850.

The word "community" rather neatly fits the state of things here, seems that a pack of BP shooters moves their camp from one place to another and frequently invades even neighbouring countries :-D. I had a pleasure to "camp" with them recently during a two-day event (shooting competitions included ;-)) in Chelm, eastern Poland. You may want to take a look at the pictures here:[url] http://www.raw.com[/url].pl/raw/index.php?page=003_galeria/020_wystrz_gal/008_20070818_cp

Andrzej

Last edited by a moderator:
:applause: Dzien dobry:and welcome you will find many good friends here .and a world of information :thumbsup:

I have found a lot of information already, even before posting. :grin: I forgot to thank you guys for all of it, big thanks! :bow:

welcome to the MLF from North Carolina, USA :hatsoff: many revolver shooters here and very knowledgeable. good luck :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Kropek, Thanks for posting the pics, it's great to see B.P. shooters from around the world in action. Good Luck & Good Shootin'

kropek,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
Great bunch of photos. Little off forum but
nice!Hope you visit often and contribute when
you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome to the fire, pull up a stump and have a sit. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Howdy Andrzej & and a big Texian welcome! :grin: ... its allus good to see folks from the other side of the pond involved in this business as we are! :shocked2:

Great pictures brother and welcome to the forum!

Davy :hatsoff:

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!

My great-grandparents came over from Poland almost a century ago, nice to talk to somebody from the homeland! :thumbsup:

Osprey

Thanks for the welcome!

I didn't take the pictures although I quite like them :wink: too.

Please do not mistake me with a serious BP shooter, I'm hardly a shooter at all. I cannot speak for the community which I only recently joined but being one of the few Poles posting here (I think) I allow myself to take advantage of it :grin:.

undertaker,
Some guys on a Polish forum reported taking recently part in the shooting incident in Frankfurt (Oder). Lots of paper allegedly was shot dead by the Germano-Polish division :v . They are planning more of it in October in Templin, north of Berlin. It seems that Oder basin region is emerging.

Osprey,
Do you know which part of Poland you ancestors came from? Ready for reviving your knowledge of Polish language? :wink: It's bound to be hidden somewhere...

kropek said:
Osprey,
Do you know which part of Poland you ancestors came from? Ready for reviving your knowledge of Polish language? :wink: It's bound to be hidden somewhere...

No idea, but I'll ask my grandfather and see if he knows. Only know a few words I've heard him and the other older members of the family use, I imagine they'd sound pretty odd with my redneck marsh accent! :rotf: I do know that the family name was originally Czekochinski (not sure on spelling, but that's how it sounds) but they changed it to Ciekot when they came over so it'd be easier to say and spell. Of course I've hardly ever heard anyone say or spell it correctly, so guess that didn't work out to well... :grin:

Welcome:

I found the pictures very interesting to view. It is good to see muzzleloading in other parts of the world.

My great grandparents came from the Lake Chotowa area of Poland. So there is a connection to Poland in our family.

Welcome aboard.
I too have roots there, from the area near Bialystok, but that's a few generations ago.

Cześć Andrzeju. Nareszcie ktoś jeszcze z Rzeczypospolitej.
(Hi Andrzej. Finally someone else from Poland)

have a good time here :thumbsup:

bartek

Back