• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

a pair of flintlock does

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This gun has proven itself on the range and in the field. I know a .54 will do as well, but I just like the .58, it gives me a slight advantage in novelty shoots, hits knock down targets with authority, it kills just as good as any caliber, when put in the right spot. I also have a .58 smooth bore that has not been christened with a hunt yet. its coming soon.
As far a TVM goes, I have no complaints, they will build it like you order it. This is the Early Virgina, I like the feel and weight for holding on a target or deer. I shoot this rifle year round at targets much smaller than deer, and often shoot it pretty well. I still get the feeling I missed when a deer runs off. I have posted about some of my other hunts earlier this season.

That's some shooting! Sure looks like it was plenty from the size of the hole and its location. Like others said just put a couple of pre-measured charges in your pocket. Dan.

I shoot this rifle year round at targets much smaller than deer, and often shoot it pretty well.

T.O. ain't kiddin' folks.
I've shot with/against him. He's being modest.

Well, he does need some work at speed-shoots... :haha: (inside joke, Tony gets it.)

H
T.O. said:
This gun has proven itself on the range and in the field. I know a .54 will do as well, but I just like the .58, it gives me a slight advantage in novelty shoots, hits knock down targets with authority, it kills just as good as any caliber, when put in the right spot. I also have a .58 smooth bore that has not been christened with a hunt yet. its coming soon.
As far a TVM goes, I have no complaints, they will build it like you order it. This is the Early Virgina, I like the feel and weight for holding on a target or deer. I shoot this rifle year round at targets much smaller than deer, and often shoot it pretty well. I still get the feeling I missed when a deer runs off. I have posted about some of my other hunts earlier this season.
. Is that the same rifle you smoked everybody with at Crockett this year. Wasn't it like 14 of 15 novelty targets you nailed
:hmm:

That's the same gun Smo, If I keep my head focused, I can usually do well on novelty stuff, my problem is I still get excited when shooting deer. It's later in the season when I calm down and really start picking a tiny spot

Back