• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A revelation of sorts...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm nearly 52 and cant see a dang thing that isn't at least 4-5 feet away. I wear 2.5 readers pretty much all day. I've done the peep sight thing, I've done the painted front blade thing and so on. Both helped. But, neither was the real answer. Last Wednesday I went outside to shoot. I grabbed a very old set of 1.0 readers off my bench because they were laying there and I need them to see my pan charge and the sort. Guess what? The 1.0 readers made my eyes 30 years old again. I could see my sights clearly and my 50 yard target crystal clear. Normally readers clear up the sights and blur the target. To say this wasn't a significant revelation for me is an understatement. I can wear the 1.0 an entire hunt. I suggest anyone else with similar sight to give it a try.

Been doing this for years. I'm 60+ started with 1.0 readers in my 40s, now wear the 1.0s for distance and 2.5s for reading. Have been know to stack them for extreme close-up work.

Latest posts

Back