• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DIY shot cups?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make mine out of any ole paper laying around ...

Attachments

• IMG_20231024_144550.jpg
    IMG_20231024_144550.jpg
    2.7 MB
I do the same thing as Rob M. and make mandrels out of dowel rod to help roll them. As for paper it depends on what I'm using it in so long as it will open up when shot.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    210.1 KB
For many kinds of "non-toxic" shot, standard paper is not enough protection from what I understand.
I'm told mylar works, but, just like mylar balloons that escape captivity, it will be hanging around the area you hunt littering up the place for millenia.
Might need to do some research here on which non-lead shot products are soft enough to use a standard paper for a cup, or no cup at all.

Back