• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A rooster and a make shift rammer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From dawn till dusk I have had the privilege of being out today, flintlock in hand :thumbsup:

Seen many a fine creation and for even more pleasure not one human sighted :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My rooster.

While out I whittled a make shift rammer from a hazel wand. I often wonder how hard it would be to achieve see, it took minutes once a straight piece of hazel was found :thumbsup:

B.

:hatsoff:

Very nice, as always!

I think I've stated this before, but you are having way too much fun over the channel. :grin:

Silex

Sounds like a great day afield.

You know, try as I might, I cannot sit in a blind or stand all day hunting turkeys or deer. But I can easily spend a day aimlessly wandering for small game.

Some time ago someone on the forum asked "If you could only hunt one thing, what would it be?" At the time I said deer, as hunting for cagey old whitetail bucks has become my passion. But, your adventures and my memories of days afield just casually walking the woods for squirrels may have me changing my answer!

Sprocket looks like a tired dog. :grin:

Spikebuck said:
Sounds like a great day afield.

You know, try as I might, I cannot sit in a blind or stand all day hunting turkeys or deer. But I can easily spend a day aimlessly wandering for small game.

Some time ago someone on the forum asked "If you could only hunt one thing, what would it be?" At the time I said deer, as hunting for cagey old whitetail bucks has become my passion. But, your adventures and my memories of days afield just casually walking the woods for squirrels may have me changing my answer!

Sprocket looks like a tired dog. :grin:

That was me too, deer mad, traveling miles to hunt deer, this rifle that rifle. Give me a rabbit or two to sneak up on any day now :thumbsup:
Only have a 22&357 in nitro these days and they hardly get an outing these days!

Thanks fellers.

B.

Good show Brit...got to the party late today. Any day out with your hunting buddy is a good one. Always makes my day to see Sprocket! :wink:

A nice rooster Brit! Do you have Winter at the same time we do? It was 34 degrees at 6AM, here in my part of Tennessee, with a high temp of 64. I was once fortunate enough to hunt doves in Argentina. We left Atlanta in August at 90 degrees, and I forgot that when it is Summer here, it is Winter in South America.......Robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure do Sir but it has been unseasonably warm this fall. In the 60f. Dropping come Saturday, be glad of it to be honest but I don't like it when a cold wind arrives from the east!

B.

Back