• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Taste of History

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a show I found on our ROKU streaming service last year. If you're into 18th century lifestyle and cooking this is a good one. It is a chef, don't remember where he is from. Germany maybe... He goes to historic locations and cooks traditional food in HC ways. Right now I'm watching him make cabbage pudding in Thomas Jefferson's kitchen. Not just food but lots of history discussed. There are I think 13 seasons and they are spread out on the Roku. A few seasons are on Freevee, a few on Tubi, and so on. Well worth watching. Would post a link but I'm on a crappy phone.

I can tell ya after seeing it I'm gonna try it. Looked hardy and delicious. Remember, pudding was different back then. This one was stuffed with meat. And battered and fried asparagus on the side. And I like butterscotch too.
Game changer then. My mind was thinking mushed up cabbage. I cooked some asparagus on the grill today. Good stuff.

Latest posts

Back