• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

? About L&R manton lock and barrel size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadahead

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am thinking of building a Tennessee rifle. I have. 15/16 .54 caliber barrel and parts already from a previous build. The stock was broke in half. I thought I had it in a safe place while checking on dinner and my daughters started wrestling like boys and landed on the my last stock leaning in the corner, thus cracking it in half. I am going to get another stock and was thinking of using L&R manton lock instead of the siler lock I have. Hopefully not a ridiculous question as I am very new at this hobby. But this particular lock is smaller then the siler and will it look proportionally correct next to a larger 15/16 barrel. I am left handed and so my options are limited with locks.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Eric

It will work.

It's actually to short for that barrel, the Durs Egg would be a better choice as far as being sized for that barrel thickness.

deadahead said:
I am thinking of building a Tennessee rifle. I have. 15/16 .54 caliber barrel and parts already from a previous build. The stock was broke in half. I thought I had it in a safe place while checking on dinner and my daughters started wrestling like boys and landed on the my last stock leaning in the corner, thus cracking it in half. I am going to get another stock and was thinking of using L&R manton lock instead of the siler lock I have. Hopefully not a ridiculous question as I am very new at this hobby. But this particular lock is smaller then the siler and will it look proportionally correct next to a larger 15/16 barrel. I am left handed and so my options are limited with locks.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Eric

Trade the daughters off for a good pickup truck, cut firewood and haul it in the truck, make enough money to buy a new stock.

Back