• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

About your hunting rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freedom.......That's a huge elk and a powerful load. I assembled a 54 Colonial for myself and it's a solid rifle for sure. I'm glade it can handle those large loads.

I'm no hunter. So curious about what your flintlock hunting rifle really looks like. There are a lot of beautiful rifles shown but very little on the working rifle. I don't know but do you have a working rifle for hunting? Hoping to see some photo's especially those working rifles and their makes & models. Maybe give us a brief as to what's most important to you in a hunting rifle and why you chose it. What's the best place for squirrel hunting? ................labrat
I have four muzzleloaders; I know :p, looks of derision, they are all percussion - two Parker Hale .58s (1853 and 1858) and two Pedersoli .54s (Tryon and Rocky Mountain Hawken). Why percussion and not flintlock, well, I restarted a little later in life with ye olde black magic and my safe is full - my state firearms registry may have a fit if I apply to acquire anymore beauties! I have hunted regularly with three of them - I am yet to blood the 1853, though she has done a lot of target work with fine results. I'll get around to taking her out later on in the year. And no, not fancy, but not beaters, like others here I look after my kit.

And the best place for squirrels? Heck, if I ever see a squirrel in the wild over here in Australia, I'll suspect I'm very drunk!😆

Cheers, Pete

hunt3.jpg
hunt2.jpg
Hunt1.jpg

Heck, if I ever see a squirrel in the wild over here in Australia, I'll suspect I'm very drunk!😆
Whoa, when they hauled all those invasive species to Australia they overlooked squirrels?🐿

We need to gather up some that are only mildly wounded and send them your way.

Back