• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Accessories books

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowfish

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello, I have a book called Make muzzleloader acc. was just wondering is there any other books that you guys recommend.Was wanting some inst. for making a possibles bag and other needs like my powder horn and loading block.And anything else I could learn about. Thanks bowfish

I picked up two books on making powderhorns. One is "Making Powder Horns, Book II" by Robert Byerly. The other is "The Book of Buckskinning II", put out by Muzzleloader Mag/Scurlock Publishing. Both are available from Track and Dixie. Haven't tried making a horn yet, but I've read thru them and seems like their instructions are clear. As for making a loading block, I've made a couple lately. Didn't use any books, just trial & error. My only suggestion is get a good look at one in a catalog/website, then make a pattern/template. I used a Manila folder and drew a "half pattern" at the fold. That way, when I cut out the pattern it was symmetrical. (I tried drawing freehand onto a block of wood and realized I have no artistic talent). Then draw the "holes" for the block onto the pattern, but don't cut them out. Just take an awl and push it thru the center of each hole. Trace the pattern on the piece of wood, then push the awl thru the hole in the pattern to make the mark on the block where you need to drill each hole. It worked for me.

Latest posts

Back