• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Active morning in the squirrel woods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddo

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last week I was doing a little squirrel hunting with my 36 caliber flint rifle. I missed a couple of shots at squirrels that morning so thought I would do a bit of plinking as I made my way to the truck. After a few shots I noticed my flint was loose so I sat down and reached in my bag for a screw driver to snug it up. I got it tight and put the tool back in the bag. I looked up in time to see a coyote trotting by at 35 yards. I quickly primed the rifle and did a lip sqeak to slow him down but he would have none of it so I took a quick running shot at him and yep I missed. Still a great morning and good memories.

Back