• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Added skunk skin to possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a couple of plain Jane hunting bags that I would like to cover with skunk hide. Is there a glue I can use that won’t get hard when it sets up?
Thanks
Buff

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpeg
    IMG_0334.jpeg
    734.1 KB · Views: 5
Fiebings leather craft cement, goes on white like Elmer’s glue, dries clear and rubbery like rubber cement. Pc would be to use hide glue or sew it on. Myself, if it were me and I was dead set, I would glue it on with the fiebings I suggested and tack a few stitches on it after it dries. Just my two cents.

I have a couple of plain Jane hunting bags that I would like to cover with skunk hide. Is there a glue I can use that won’t get hard when it sets up?
Thanks
Buff
Newbie here. I keep seeing mention of a possibles bag, but still haven't heard what goes in the bag, lol!
I gather if I just track down an old fanny pack and use that, I would be shunned until the end of time lol.
So what is a possibles bag, and what can I make or buy for one that won't get me laughed at?

Newbie here. I keep seeing mention of a possibles bag, but still haven't heard what goes in the bag, lol!
I gather if I just track down an old fanny pack and use that, I would be shunned until the end of time lol.
So what is a possibles bag, and what can I make or buy for one that won't get me laughed at?

Its a bag to carry your possibles in. It can carry shooting equipment, food, medicines, etc.

First off, a Possibles Bag is intended to be used for when you're shooting from the body, and not from a bench, where you could use your Range Box.
(WHAT? I need a Range Box?) :ghostly: That's a whole separate topic!

Folks are selling Possible Bags here all the time.
Check them out, and find one that interests you and fits your budget.
A beginning bag should be found for $35 or so.
Buy one, use it, and then you'll know what you need. You might get the right bag first thing, but not likely.
Strap length, right or left side wear, knife sheath, inner pockets, and more are details to be considered.
I wouldn't start off with a skunk pelt, though. 🦨🤮 That's for a more, uh, refined, taste.

Next, you'll need a powder horn... :thumb:

Back