• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

advice needed CVA Mountain Rifle .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many others, I just got tired of trying to explain it...way too many myths and mis-quotes whistling round. In my mind, it doesn't really matter what the source was for the Mountain Rifles...from the beginning they shot well, took trophies away from some mighty expensive handmade rifles and knocked way more Bambies into the nickel bleachers than I'd ever be able to count. Have had the pleasure of gnawing down on some extra special smothered venison and home made noodles, thanks to Mountain Rifles. The best part was every now and then you'd open a box and the thing would be stocked in 'bird's eye' maple...what a treat finding those was! :wink: :thumbsup:

Johnny Dollar said:

Ok, my bad.... my Big Bore .58 doesn't say Spain. Its my Kentucky that says Spain. The big bore doesn't say where it was made though. Here are some photos of it....
If your barrel was made in Spain it will be stamped on the bottom of it with the Spanish proof marks.

If you see something like, "700Kg/Cm2" on the bottom of the barrel near the breech, the barrel was made in Spain.

Latest posts

Back