• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Afraid of the dark? I am!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toccopola said:
hogzilla_zpsf4a875b7.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I see one Dog that is sure :hmm: about how many pounds of bacon, how many pork chop bones. That's some high math going on there.

i got a good tailgate to go on it but i want to wait till after hunting season to put it on. it got bent when one of the guys at the hickory mill unloaded my load of hickory poles. in the winter on my off time i cut hickory poles and switches to sell to the amish to make furniture. i need me a wagon to haul them on. i will try and find a picture of my truck loaded down with poles. you won't believe how many poles i can haul in a half ton short wheel base truck.

thats roscoe one of my yard dogs he cant wait till he gets his turn at the carcass. so far we have ate 3 meals of chops off one loin thats enough for 4 to 5 people and there still enough for one more cooking and then the small end going up to the neck meat will get mixed into the sausage grinder. i slice the loin about a 1/4 inch or a little thinner. the loin is so big it makes a slice about 3x4. i will slice most of the hams up into stakes that will make about 10 bags of ham-stakes on each hind quarter, and all the little parts that are left i will grind. the front shoulders are so big so i will make sausage out of them also. to be such a large boar the meat is as tender as can be and very tasty not gamey at all. as far as table fare deer meat dont even come close to being as good as this boar. if i figure right i will get about 10# or more of pure meat trimmings off the big hog for sausage and the smaller one i plan on grinding all but the best of the loins and the same for the hams. the shoulders on the small hog will get smoked. i went down to the swamp crossing yesterday just to see if the deer and hogs have came back and the ground was covered in fresh tracks, deer and hogs. i hope to get some more hunting time in before xmass.

Did you ever tan a hog hide ?? wondering how it would work up as bags and such ?? looks like a feast in the making,, I notice antlers in behind in the bed of the limo !!

an't tanned no hog hide but i bet it would make some snake proof boots. talk about hog hides, a few days after the hurricane Katrina hit i went to the coast to help my sister clean her yard and get trees off her house. there were a bunch of big container boxes like they load on ships that washed up on her street and some of them busted open and were full of raw hog hides that were headed to china. some of the others had chickens and powder milk. talk about a stinking mess.

Back