• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aftermarket Sights for T/C

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have suggestions on a good set of adjustable sights for a T/C Hawken preferrably a blade front and windage-elevation type rear sight? thanks in advance

I put a set of Williams Firesights on my New Englander that I use mainly for hunting.

tripleh said:
Anyone have suggestions on a good set of adjustable sights for a T/C Hawken preferrably a blade front and windage-elevation type rear sight? thanks in advance

Not sure what sights you currently have...but if your current rear adjustable is the low profile, wide view style normally found on TC's standard 1:48" barrels, IMO TC makes a much better rear adjustable sight...it is standard on their 1:66" round ball barrels, and I used it to replace the older style on a couple TC 1:48" barrels I had.

Green Mountain appears to use the same sight on their slowtwist barrels...(maybe they both buy them from the same vendor). Anyway, for me, they've been excellent rear adjustable..very precise for accuracy, etc.

.45/.50cal (15/16” flats) = P/N=65402282
.54/.58cal (1.0” flats) = P/N=65402284
(about $36)

Triple,
Bomar makes the best sites on the market IMO and they'r dovetailed or tapped. Probably going to need a smith to install it, if you're uncomfortable about such things. Anyway they're great, allow for fine adjustment, and allow for customizing. Most come with a square rear notch, but they do make a blank back blade (say that 5 times fast) that allows you to make a V if that is what you're accustomed to. Anyway here's a link Brownells but Midway may have them too.

Link (clicky)

I got the T/C rear peep from Cabela's and installed it on the tang myself.

It's fairly eaisy. It seems accurate and I like peeps anyway.

Back