• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alabama's 2014 muzzleloading season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bama's muzzleloading season opens tomorrow morning. I'm taking my cousin with me and setting him up in my favorite hunting spot. He is seventy nine years old and still loves to go. Hope he gets one.

I hope he gets a nice one. He took me hunting with him when I was I just a kid and he got me hooked on muzzleloading about forty years ago. I've got some good memories of hunting with him. He will be sitting in a great spot that has give up about thirty deer in the last five years.

:thumbsup: Good luck to him.I hope i'm sitting in that kind of spot when i'm 79. :idunno: Griz

My cousin killed a good size doe yesterday evening. This morning I shot doe about thirty minutes after daylight. Two good days for us.

On does we can shoot one a day for the entire season. We are limited to 3 bucks during the season. This evening right about dark. I shot at a nice buck. I was covered in smoke and couldn't tell if I hit him before it got dark. After hunting in the morning I'm going to see if I hit him. If I did he should be ok as cold as it is if I find him before the temp warms up.

Back