• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting with Wheel locks and Match Locks in PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm being more precise than the ones in the photographs. I try to leave as much wood as I can get away with whenever possible. I use a dremel tool with the dentists drill type attachment as part of my inletting repertoire.

You might want to read those regs again. I just read the 24/25 digest and the early muzzleloading season still mentions flintlock, inline, or percussion only. It seems only during the regular firearms season are you allowed to use any muzzleloader.
Here is the page right out of the online 2024-25 rules. States in both regular antlered deer season, special doe season , any muzzleloading long gun can be used. you are correct about the early October muzzle loading season not allowing wheel lock and Matchlocks. Hopefully this is an oversight on the PGC. I will write them another letter requesting the early season also include them. No reason why they shouldn’t. I can understand keeping the late flintlock season as is. Rumor has it there are people lobbying to have sabot bullets and scopes to be legal in the late season. Leave the late season as it has been from the beginning.

Attachments

• IMG_5891.png
    IMG_5891.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5893.png
    IMG_5893.png
    910.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5892.png
    IMG_5892.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts