• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Almost gave up!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxral

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Went out for the 1 week opener here in Washington State and got soaked day in, day out. Decided that maybe BP wasn't for me. Then, I licked my wounds, and pulled up my big boy pants, and thought how many Mt. Men would have turned into Accountants or Shop Keepers with that attitude! Making a Cows Knee and Barrel cover for 2'nd season! Hopefully, my family isn't vegetarians this years!

thats the right attitude! attention to detail, is all that it takes. nothing fancy or complicated. after time in the field, hunting in the rain won't be a problem, it just takes time.

Sooner or later you're efforts will pay off! You have the right attitude! Don't give up! :thumbsup:

When I have hunted in Snow or rain, my Cows Knee is a quart zip lock bag around the Cock and pan or hammer and bolster.

hanshi said:
I've become a wuss in my old age. When rain is outside, I'm in bed inside.

I PREFER to hunt Virginia's early muzzleloader season since its usually cold and nasty in Pennsylvania's firearms season (week after Thanksgiving) or the (after Christmas) flintlock season.

If its raining, I can sit on the porch. If its too cold (for me)I can sit by the wood stove. :wink:

I use to love bow hunting after Christmas after a good snow fall. I would be the only one there - so quite, light snow falling, you could see the deer plain as day coming toward you through the bare trees. Best of all they were easy to track :wink: .

excess650 said:
hanshi said:
I've become a wuss in my old age. When rain is outside, I'm in bed inside.

I PREFER to hunt Virginia's early muzzleloader season since its usually cold and nasty in Pennsylvania's firearms season (week after Thanksgiving) or the (after Christmas) flintlock season.

If its raining, I can sit on the porch. If its too cold (for me)I can sit by the wood stove. :wink:

Zackly! I use to be so driven I'd do my running in rain, storm and lightening. Interesting how smart I've become in my middle age.

Back