• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Almost Squirell Time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx50cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here in east Texas the season runs from May 1 to May 31. I have the .32 ready to go. "Patiently" waiting.

:cursing: I know that you posted that just to make me feel bad. Here in Pennsyltucky I have to wait till the middle of October. This is my all time favorite type of black powder hunting. I also use a .32cal and sometimes a .36cal. I wish you well my friend. Stay safe and let us know how you make out.

Vern

Tree squirrels? That is an odd season. Right in the middle of raising the first litters

Thanks Vern Will do.

As long as I can remember we have had the Spring season. I guess its because we don't get very cold here and they breed earlier. I know that we are over run with the critters. I have a hard time keeping them out of my corn and tomatoes. The rabbits are taking care of my spring peas right now. We don't have a closed season on lo' long ears, but I have heard not to take them during hot weather so I never have.

Do you have a fall season too? Our squirrel season in NC is middle of October to end of February.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

In the Fall the season runs from the 1st Sat in Oct to the 1st Sun of Feb. 10 per day.

Yep, the season is may 1st till 31st in east Texas. May have to give them a try this year. I have a 36 caliber Tenn. rifle coming from TVM, sure ready to try it out on some limb bacon.

here in tn we have a spring season. It starts right after turkey season..... cant Waite!

Kentucky has had a spring squirrel season for almost 20 years. It is usually the month of June, but is May 21-June 17 this year. The fall season is Aug. 20 ”“ Nov. 11; Nov. 14 - Feb. 29, 2012. That 3-day skip is first 3 days of modern gun season for deer. Limit 6, usually.

I have a little .30 flintlock which makes squirrel season a special treat, spring or fall.

Spence

Kansas season runs June 1 to Feb 28. I like the late summer hunting because I have the woods to myself most times.

Great weekend for the smooth bore in Tennessee. This weekend wraps up spring turkey and begins spring squirrel. The surviving gobblers get their last chance to come running to my box call,( most are limping by now)and it will be squirrel later. Maybe I will get to burn some powder on some of the tree rats anyway.

Brent said:
Tree squirrels? That is an odd season. Right in the middle of raising the first litters

Depends on the county - In the county I live in there is no closed season and no bag limit.

In other words - shoot as many as you want, whenever you want to.

season starts next weekend here and i am raring to go,squirrels are my favorite critter to hunt.our season runs till febuary of next year so there is plenty of time to chase them. you guys may want to check this place outhttp://squirrelsunlimited.com/forums/main they are just getting started.

Smoked em yesterday,Fried em tonight, first time to ever hunt sqkwrls with a smoothbore. I am ready to go again.
IMG_0314.jpg

Seems like quite a few Southpaws around here!
Nice to see and sweet smooth bore too!

Macon

Back