• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ampco Bronze nipples?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a long proven quality nipple. And, I believe the 'bronze' is really an alloy, not just bronze.
Yeh, I know bronze is already an alloy. But the nipples are sumptin' else beside just being bronze.
Do buy with confidence. And/or look for a 'hot shot' style. Many, including myself, prefer them.

I have one and it is holding up well. I bought it to replace a OEM TC nipple which caps would fall off of. The Ampco is a fuzz larger and no more caps falling off.

I like them and they last longer so the cost evens out, or even comes out ahead. However the ones I bought had a very fine flash hole which tended to plug up. Once I opened it up to aproximately .023 they work fine. :idunno:

Yes, they are worth the little bit extra money. Have one on my .54 rifle for a long time with no problems. Stainless are good too, but anything is better than what some of the mass produced rifles come with.

The first thing to do to any percussion gun is to replace the factory nipple. Ampco or stainless are both fine. Untill I had tried one I was reluctant to use an Ampco one as I had heard they froze in the gun, they mushroomed, the threads deformed from the repeated impact. None of these are true. The adantages of either type of aftermarket nipple are more consistent dimensions specially the flash hole and the flash hole will be centered. They are also much easier to clean, I just take mine out and drop it in a bottle of bore cleaner or usually straight H2O2. It stays there till I put the gun back togather and I don't have to worry about it rusting.

Latest posts

Back