• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

And so the wait begins ;)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be worth the wait, Mike does great work. He made a half stock plains rifle for me a couple of years ago and now he's building one of his plains rifles, so I'm in the same boat as you are right now.

steve1122 said:
You can't go wrong with Mike Lange. I have a friend who has had several rifles built by him. He is a great guy to work with, extremely honest and, does good work.
My Mike Lange Reading Pennsylvania flinter should be done this week....I CAN"T WAIT! Mike DOES some really nice work and you simply cannot beat his honesty, integrity as well as prices. I met him at Friendship this year.. he's a pretty nice fellow as well. Ill post pics when I get mine.
I'm sure you'll post pics of yours too.. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of yours when you receive it Amikee.

OK, so now it's MY turn to wait. Mailed the moneyorder last nite for a new-to-me Hawken from a member on the Muzzleloading Forum Classified Ads. Figger at least 4 more days for the MO to arrive, then another 7-10 days for rifle delivery. Sure, it's a commercial caplock, but it's said to be in excellent shape & already broken in. Buncha' goodies included, too. I'd be fibbing if'n I denied that I'm excited for its' arrival.

Got a Double Shot of a 12 year old Single Malt Glenn Ness. It's the perfect Highland Scotch for Bourbon Drinkers - smooth, not that nasty gagging peat/cresote aftertaste reminiscent of some of the hoity-toidy, snooty big dollar scotches. I'll sleep like a baby until the pre sun-up alarm tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

This sounds like a nice rifle. Those Pennsylvanias are slick looking rifle. As far as the builder- nice fellow, can't say a bad word about him. Eager to see pictures of your rifle.

Is it october yet? Darn... I'll tell you guys... this waiting can bring a man to madness. I try to keep busy but somehow it comes to me in my dreams. :youcrazy:

Your rifle in work sounds like a beautiful specimen. I look forward to seeing some pics when it gets done. From talking with Mike, I am sure you will be happy. Don't worry about the wait time......find something to keep your mind off of it. I know, easier said than done.

I've seen quite a few of his rifles and fowlers and I know it'll be a roaring Lamborgini. Yes, turn around time isn't bad at all conparing to some other builders. It's just my first order totally custom to my specs rifle so the excitement is great. Teo months more to go!

Im sure youll like the rifle mike builds ya.Ive got 4 of his guns,,i like them all.For the price he charges,a person gets a heck of a bargain....

That's right. Bargain is a correct word. I couldn't find any negatives about his work so it should be a no nonsense deal. I reall wanted to go with Tip Curtiss or Andy Hodgkins but the money weren't there. As a matter of fact both o these gentleman could make a great rifle for me with a little and much more details accordingly. Appreciate the company during the wait. amikee

I should have had mine this month, but Rice barrels is so behind that I have to wait another 2 to 4 months to get it, right when our annual 9 month rainy season begins.

Two more days! Two more days! Two more days!
Already have a tracking number. My rifle will be arriving on monday!!! Thank You All for the support!

The subject of Poe's Tell Tale Heart was "The Old Man," and you are confusing it with his Cask of Amantillado in which the main character lures and walls up alive the insulting Fortunato.

"I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! yes, it was this! He had the eye of a vulture - a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees - very gradually - I made up my mind to take the life of the old man...

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! - tear up the planks! here, here! - It is the beating of his hideous heart!"
"

If you want to listen to the short story...
http://www.loudlit.org/audio/heart/pages/01_01_heart.htm

As for the gun in October... You didn't REALLY expect any gunmaker to meet a deadline, even one who assigns numbers, did you? Those targets are as fleet as a skiddish pronghorn in the open prairie...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, better get the camera ready!! Get it shooting and post some targets up when you get it sighted in. I've heard good things about Mike Lange rifles, Christmas comes early for some folks!! :bow: I would be working on my 2 bottle of Mead right about now.

Lucky me, my wife just bought a SLR camera. The weather is incredibly cold, windy, rainy, snowy and bad overall here in CT for the pictures. I will try to take some nice shots in the next few days as it is a truly magnificient piece although I was suprised by some details. I will post more info along with pictures upon closer inspection.

You can put it down into the snow -- it'll be a nice contrast, rustic, rugged and seasonal.

:grin:

So, her SLR balanced out the gun I guess...

:shake:

I watched Mike build a very similar rifle to yours over on TMotC, with a little bit longer barrel but also with wooden patch box. My second Mike Lange rifle arrived a week and a half ago and it's even better than the first. Congrats on yours, I know you will get a lifetime of use out of it.

Back