• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Angelo Zoli Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncaninfrance

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have just come into possession of a .500" Hawken which is stamped "ANGELO ZOLI"

I shoots very well but it's history is a bit of a mystery. Google has not produced much about this maker except for references to shotguns and the fact that the company produced guns in the 70' & 80's. Can anyone throw a bit more light on the make please?
The rear sight is adjustable to elevation and windage.

IMG_5304A_zps2c65e07c.jpg

Duncan said:
I have just come into possession of a .500" Hawken which is stamped "ANGELO ZOLI"

I shoots very well but it's history is a bit of a mystery. Google has not produced much about this maker except for references to shotguns and the fact that the company produced guns in the 70' & 80's. Can anyone throw a bit more light on the make please?
The rear sight is adjustable to elevation and windage.
IMG_5304A_zps2c65e07c.jpg

That's the NEW Photobucket for you :youcrazy:

Looks a whole lot like my Investarms Hawken, except mine is a flinter....

DSC00093.jpg

:idunno:

Like you, most of what I find using Google indicates that the Angelo Zoli company in Brescia, Italy produced a number of shotguns before it went out of business in 1987.
The company was taken over by the Bank of Brescia in 1989.

Because your gun was made in Italy, it should be marked with Italian proof marks.
Adjacent to these marks a small box or rectangle should be marked with letters in it.

These letters indicate the year the gun was proofed and you can find a chart that gives you this information in the link below.
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/236956/

As nmdd mentioned, the gun looks very much like those manufactured by Investarms in Italy.
It is possible that Investarms bought the equipment for their manufacture from the defunct Angelo Zoli company?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that is gorgeous. I spent a couple of hours at the range today shootin my InvestArm .54 Hawken. Nuthin better in the whole wide world.

I took this at the same time as the above picture. That's a pal of mine shooting at 50mtrs - the longest range at the club unfortunately :(

IMG_5320AWEB_zpsd73e7208.jpg

Latest posts

Back